It’s springtime before your senior year………..time to start thinking about your senior session!! That’s a lot to think about, so here’s a little list to get you started:
- What do you like? No kidding, right ;)? But seriously, what are your likes/dislikes? Are you a country guy? Do you love the thought of dancing in a field of flowers? Is an urban cityscape more your style? Is the ball field your favorite place? Do you love fall colors?
- Do you want to stay local/in your hometown? For every senior I have who wants a location nearby, I have another who wants to Get Outta Dodge! There’s no right or wrong answer, what appeals the most to you?
- Outfits. Start thinking about what outfits suit your location/locations best? What tones are going to make the colors pop? Plan 3-4 outfits. I always encourage bringing layers for variety. Adding a scarf, hat, jacket, or flannel will completely change your look.
- Anything you’d like to incorporate? Ballet shoes, basketball, volleyball, baseball, football, soccer, instruments, your horse, pets…….make it personal! This is YOUR session. You can incorporate anything you’d like!
- Start Pinning! Create a board of photos you like! This can also help with location/outfit inspiration. What do you like about the photo? The location? The pose? The clothing/accessories? The overall style? You’ll start to notice a trend in the photos you select, which will help you recognize what catches your eye. Share your board with me or feel free to text me pics that reflect your vision for your session.
- Enjoy the process! Senior pictures symbolize the start of your senior year. The time will be gone before you know it! Enjoy the process & get ready for a fabulous year!
I can’t wait to photograph the amazing class of 2018!